Sunday, May 15, 2011

April Triathlon and Easter Weekend

To continue my tradition of trying to do a race every April to celebrate that I just get better every year :), Jennifer Linford and I did the first ever Lake Travis triathlon near Austin. It was so much fun!!! It was very small since it was the first year and so beautiful! The swim was in Travis Lake, then we biked around the beautiful state park camping areas, and ended with the most enjoyable run ever. It was on a dirt trail through the woods surrounding the lake.We started a new tradtion since we are finally in the same age group of painting our nails the color of our swim caps. Go 30's!
We were trying to get a tough looking flexing picture (I'm not very good at those), but the background turned out even better. Do you seem him? It just proves that there are no excuses. This guy did great--so can you.

Why do they give us hot dogs after all that hard work. We're starving so we eat it, but man, isn't there something better than a hot dog?

Decorating Eggs

The boys loved dipping the eggs in and out of the colors
Less than an hour after we finished the eggs I went upstairs briefly and came to find this on the table. Kimball apparently wanted smashed Easter Eggs, not nice smooth ones.

Right before we went out in the backyard for the egg hunt, Joey came running over to me saying, "a fly is having babies on the window!" Totally confused, I followed him over and sure enough, he was right. A fly was birthing maggots on our window sill. It was one of the most strangely disgusting/fascinating things I have ever witnessed.

After sanitizing our house thoroughly, we proceeded outside to have a super fun egg hunt.



One of the best parts was the cascarones--a Mexican tradition we will adopt while here in TX, where you have painted egg shells filled with confetti. When you find them, you smash them on people's heads. It was fun!



Kiki will not let go of her toy


This Year Joey wanted to leave some carrots for the Easter Bunny. He so cute. I never would have thought of that.
My only mistake was showing him this picture with the baskets filled and the carrots still on the table. He looked confused and started asking questions. I had to come up with something quick about me putting out more carrots in case he was really hungry and these were the extras he was couldn't finish :) I can't believe I almost disclosed the truth



1 comment:

Wayne said...

Your muscles are so toned! Good job :)