Sunday, November 15, 2009

World's largest caterpillar

The other day as we were walking in the house, the boys and I spotted this huge guy on our front steps. I had never seen anything that big. It was a struggle to keep Kimball from squashing him, but Joey and I persuaded him to let the poor little bug live. Then, 2 days later I accidentally stepped on him as I went out to get the groceries.
Joey trying to get Kimball to touch the bug because he (joey) was too afraid. After a few minutes, and seeing mom touch it, they both got brave enough


3 comments:

Camille said...

I love it! We saw a large caterpillar one day outside and I pointed it out to Christian. He looked at it real close and then just squashed it. Black juice squirted all over my leg! The poor little guy didn't see that one coming. Neither did I! I imagine that's what Kimball had intended to do as well. :)

Chrissy said...

I remember seeing those things in Utah when I was little I think we called them green horned worms- anyways- my dog used to go out and feast on them- pretty gross huh?! I'm so glad you're so happy in your new home and enjoying the beautiful weather! I wish I could come do yoga with you in your yard!!!! The sandbox looks like so much fun!

Sally said...

The part about you stepping on it after all made me laugh :D Poor little guy. That really is a huge caterpillar! Guess it must be Texan ;)