Sunday, November 8, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Because we live right next to Shamu, this year Joey desperately wanted to be Shamu for Halloween. Luckily there is a company that makes Shamu costumes (thank goodness)! In an effort to coordinate with Joey, I tried to make Kimball an octopus costume. He ended up looking more like a spider than anything else, but he was still really cute.Kimball loved to twilr his tentacles at the ward trunk-or-treat.

We decided the boys didn't need very much candy so after a few cars we had them help us pass out the candy which they seemed to enjoy more than getting it.



Since I am going sugar free, I had to get creative on how to make those delicious holiday frosted sugar cookies. I used our standard Taylor family sugar cookie recipe and substituted raw homey for the sugar. I then used the following recipe for the frosting and it was amazing! I was not missing that sugar one bit. Although I do miss sprinkles, but the dried fruit was super yummy too!
Buttery Cream Cheese Frosting
1/4 cup butter (room temp)
4 oz. cream cheese (room temp)
1/4 cup raw honey
1/8 tsp vanilla (I actually used a ton of almond extract instead)
1 tsp orange zest

Joey's preschool did a little Halloween parade to show off their costumes for all the parents. It was my first activity where I had to come to school and support my son. It made me feel so good to be the smiling face in the crowd that's always there for him. It was nice to have my mom at all my swim meets, softball and basketball games, and averything else i did. i hope Joey will feel that same love and support from me.

Kimball was dying to get in that parade and stand with other kids. As they started back to the classroom, Kimball quickly ran up to walk with Joey.

We made delicious mummy pizzas the night before Halloween
On Halloween we had a party with a few other families. Here are the ghoulish goodies we ate
Pukin Pumpkin
Mini Draculas
Ghouls in the graveyard
Sally's amazing veggie skeleton
Then we took all the kids trick-or-treating


Halloween is so much fun! I love every Holiday. it's so fun to have an excuse to play and have a party!

1 comment:

Sally said...

We had so much fun with y'all! Thanks for the party!