Sunday, November 15, 2009

This is why I love the South and sandboxes

I have been wanting a big sandbox for the boys to get into and Peter built them a nice 5 X 8 ft. box in the backyard. the boys love it! I love that they are entertained for hours playing in it.
With the current daily highs ranging from 70 - 80 degrees, I just sit and think to myself what a blessing this is. It's November and the temperature is perfect! This was what the short 2 month long summers were like in Buffalo. Aaahhhhh, I love winter time in Texas! My winter anxiety is now gone. I no longer have heart palpitations and soaring blood pressure levels when I feel those first cold winds of fall blow in. I no longer feel the need to hunker down and prepare for the long, cold, depressing winter ahead. Instead, I can do yoga outside in a T-shirt with the warm sun on my back while my boys play happily in the sand. Ahhhh, I love vitamin D!

6 comments:

Rachel Oswald said...

How fun to have such a handy hubby! Your boys are so adorable!

Sally said...

That's so fun--I love that it's so big!

Rosanna said...

Sandboxes are definitely awesome! My kids love the sandbox at my parents' house. Also, hearing you talk about the perfect weather there makes me want to take a vacation. It's already too cold here!

amy said...

yoga. outside. sun. aaaahhhh. lucky you. love you!

amy said...

yoga. outside. sun. aaaahhhh. lucky you. love you!

Rhoten Family said...

i'm jealous! Yoga outside and in November.

Andrea