Sunday, July 17, 2011

I found this in Joey's backpack one day after school. I didn't totally understand it. but I got something about wishing and getting a kiss from Joey. All I can say is that I will be a crazy mama if some girl goes after Joey when he is a teenager. I know she is only a kindergartner, but I could feel my blood boiling. What does this little girl think she's doing. Their only 5 for crying out loud!!! There should be no talk about kissing!! Needless to say Joey and I had a little talk--he was so not wanting to, but I felt it my parental duty. :) I told him how boys and girls should not kiss until after their missions (I hope I can sell him on that one), and that kids just need to play with everyone, not just 1 person. I know I'm crazy, it just caught me so off guard that this little girl was being so forward. Oh, I'm in serious trouble for those teen years!

Here's some of the cute things Joey writes at school. They get a picture and then they are supposed to make up some sentences about it. For those of you not brushed up on 5 year old writing, I added a translation key at the bottom :) I just love seeing what his cute little mind makes up!
(The Lion is cheating. I do not like this game. I do not like this game. But I do.)

-He mixes up his b's and d's-
(I do! not want that fish in my house. The fish is too big. Why did you catch that big fish!)
More cute Joey notes.
Dad, I love you because you are handsome :)
So my poor traumatized Joey did his own psychotherapy. Saved me a few hundred bucks I guess. In the beginning of April, Peter was driving Joey to school as usual. As they were waiting to turn left, Peter heard a firetruck siren. The light turned green for the cars to turn left, but Peter and the car next to him stopped in the beginning of the intersection to let the firetruck pass. Unfortunately, the lady in a huge suburban behind him (who just happened to be a teacher at the school), wasn't really aware of what was going on and slammed full speed into the back of Peter's car. They all drove the 2 blocks to school and waited for the police. When Joey saw the police Peter said he burst into tears. I think he thought he was in trouble.
Peter's car ended up being totaled. I could tell Joey was feeling lots of emotions, but he would clam up whenever I tried to talk with him. I just tried to hold him and not talk after that. Then, over a week after this happened, he came into my room during nap time with a picture he had just drwan. It was Peter's car, the suburban smashing into it, and the fire truck. It really felt like soemthing a therapist would have him draw. We talked about it for a little bit and I think that was his way of dealing with it. poor sweet boy is fine now.

Joey's sweet note to Dad: (Dad, it is your birthday. When you get home I will give you a hug and a kiss)
The picture on the bottom Peter's birthday cake with all the candles
Joey's cute art project and his kindergarten class.

1 comment:

Rachel Oswald said...

"I do not like this game. I do not like this game. But I do." Hahaha that cracks me up! He is such a little smarty writing those adorable stories!