Monday, July 18, 2011

CapTexTri II

Arriving in Austin the day before.
All the girls doing their nails for a little team spirit


Jennifer and I just had to get the nails and the 30's picture :)
Peter, Lindsay, Lorena Lieshman (Mother of 5 beautiful daughters, in her 40's, doing her first triathlon!), Jennifer Linford
Celebrating victory at the end!

Peter wanted to try shaving his legs to see if it would shave any time off his swim. I think his legs were smoother than mine :)

I came home with these bad boys. My one goal for this triathlon was to knock off some of my transition time. I always take my sweet time in transition, which ends up adding a good amount onto my overall time. So, I was trying to be speedy this time. I was a little too speedy and didn't get my socks situated right. I could feel the stinging pain the whole run, but i wanted to keep going. I figured by the time I felt all that pain, the damage was already done, so stopping would just prolong the pain. I will now make sure my socks are always situated nicely before I run.


I am proud to say I was still able to beat Peter by 2 minutes. He'll beat me one day, so I have to enjoy it while I can :)






















Peter swim, transition, bike, transition, run, overall



Lindsay's results




17:31 6:15 43:44
3:36 29:08

1:40:11



15:44


5:13


44:18



3:34


29:32





1:38:19















1 comment:

Myra said...

You two are quite the amazing athletes...we are very amazed & impressed - way to go!!!