Sunday, July 17, 2011

Warrior Romp Obstacle Race


The beginning of may we all drove to New Braunfles for Peter to do the Warrior Romp--a grueling obstacle course race benefiting wounded warriors. It was nice for me to be a cheering spectator and watch what talented people I have in my family!

Peter did great!
The proud family watching and cheering as Dad came in 3rd place! What a tough guy!!!

The true highlight of the day for the boys--they were giving away Cheetos. What a great world we live in!

The boys and I played while Dad ran
We signed Joey and Kimball up for the kid race. The whole time we were trying to get the boys excited. Kimball was thrilled to do "the mud race" like Dad. Joey wanted nothing to do with it. At the very last minute before they started lining the kids up, Joey looked at me and said, "mom, I'm going to run, and I'm going to win this race!" I was so thrilled with his enthusiasm!



here's Joey leading the pack

Going through and around all the obstacles.
Running through the finish line in 1st place!!!
My determined little boy with his first place medal, still wheezing and not able to breath, but so proud of what he accomplished! I was just so proud of him!!! I didn't care if he came in dead last. It was just so good to see him go all out! Do something whole-heartedly! He can sometimes be very reserved. But he tried and I as so happy he got to see the fruits of all his hard work! He is one fast kiddo!

And poor Kimball, all he got was a bunch of scrapes after wiping out right after the first turn. He was fine after getting another bag of Cheetos.
The race was at a ski ranch--it's all cable skiing--no boats.
After all that exercising fun we went to celebrate the victories at IHOP--one of the boys favorite places to eat!
Since it was a special day we got them a ballon prize. Joey wanted a sea turtle and Kimball wanted a sword. Peter patiently took Kimball's attempts to decapitate him.

Cute, silly boys and lots of yummy food!
It was a wonderful family day!!!!

2 comments:

Sally said...

Wow, so cool!! I didn't know y'all did that. And what in the world is cable-skiing? Those notes by Joey are SO cute. The note from a girl cracked us up! I'd probably have the same reaction :)

Myra said...

Way to go, Peter, Joey & Kimball - Kimball gets the tough guy award for surviving the skidding on the run... we are sure impressed with Joey's winning effort, too...!
Peter, 3rd place is fantastic!!(unless there were only 3 runners!)
IHOP - what a great way to celebrate all the runners!