Sunday, August 22, 2010

Our neighborhood 4th of July party is so cute! All the neighbors can dress up and march in the parade. Since it was Sunday we sat with our cute neighbors Selma and Bob and watched the parade.
Kimball and Joey were not too fond of the loud firetruck, but the candy that everyone threw to them certainly made up for it. Peter threw most of it away as soon as we got home. He's such a dentist :)

After church we were very excited to meet the newest member of the extended Gurr family--Ella Davidson! She is sweet and beautiful and it was so fun to see Kimball adoring her. He loved everything about her, especially her little feet and hands. He wanted to play with her and show her all the toys to keep her happy. What a sweet boy!

Joey and his braveness jumping in to the pool. At the end of April we did our neighborhood swim lessons and he wanted nothting to do with it. He is very careful about everything he does, and swimming was just something he did not want to do. (In his defense, the water was still a bit chilly). But a month later with Grandma Taylor's encouragement, mom's coaching, and Joey's burst of fearless excitement--he became a little fish. I couldn't believe this was my child. He was wild and carefree and anxious to jump right in and swim away. It was great to see his new found independence and confidence in his abilities. He is one great swimmer!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

you're such a fun mom- I usually make my kids get out of the sandbox if it's muddy!!!! I know I've said this before- but I wish we lived closer! I think the boys would have a great time together and we could have a chance to chat about life with 2 little boys (whoa I just typed 3 instead of 2- aaaaah!--- a sign of what is to come?!)

Rachel Oswald said...

I can't believe how Joey's swimming now, that's so awesome! And Linds, I sure hope you snuck back in and dug that candy out of the garbage that Peter threw away :)