Monday, August 26, 2013

New Son--Tionne's first day









From my journal May 13, 2013 (the day after Mother's Day)

Wow, I'm tired. I don't know how to get an active 2 year old to bed :)  He and Peter are snuggling and watching a movie right now while we wait for him to crash.  He didn't want to stay in his bed.  His name is Tionne (Tee-on)

So, it went well picking him up from the shelter.  He came right to me and gave me a hug. After a few instructions from the CPS worker, we walked out.  I put him in the car seat  not knowing how he would react.  When i buckled him up he got a strange look on his face and I got worried something was really bothering him.  Then he said, "it's hot."  :)  So i quickly started the AC--it was 95.  As we started to drive away he got excited about a bus he saw, and then the whole way home we looked for trucks and buses.  I was so relieved. He seemed like he was fine.  A little nervous, but not too traumatized. He even asked me to turn up the music in the car :)

We came home and he ran right for the trains, and he has been laughing, smiling and playing ever since.  He loves cars and trains, loved jumping on the trampoline, jumping off the couch with Kimball and Joey, and wrestle time.

Peter drove back from Phoenix to save me for the night. When he opened the door the boys yelled, "dad's home."  Tionne immediately said, "hi daddy," and has been calling him daddy ever since.  he calls me mommy now, but keeps asking, "where's my mom?"  I still don't know what I'm supposed to say to that.

But he is a sweet little angel with a beautiful bright smile. He seems to fit perfectly here (as perfect as fostering can be).  We love him already.

He finally crashed on the back swing at 9:30

No comments: