Monday, August 26, 2013

3 month rotation in Phoenix

 April May and June were some difficult, but very blessed months for our family. Due to Peter's rotation, he had to get an apartment 2 hours away from our family up in Phoenix. We were sad to have him gone during the week, but we're so happy for the sacrifices he was able to make on some days to surprise us and drive that long drive twice in 1 day to be home.
We spent one weekend up  at Peter's studio apartment while I attended a fitness conference in Phoenix to get my CEU's. I was so glad we did not all try to live in that little apartment together.  We would have all gone crazy!

President Thomas S. Monson has reminded us often of the promise of the Lord to His faithful disciples: “And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.”12
There is another way you and I have felt Him grow closer to us. As we give devoted service to Him, He draws closer to those we love in our families. Every time I have been called in the Lord’s service to move or to leave my family, I have come to see that the Lord was blessing my wife and my children. He prepared loving servants of His and opportunities to draw my family closer to Him.
I felt VERY much the blessings of Heavenly Father to watch over us and keep us safe. I was surprised by how "not even a little scared" I felt at nights--usually I can't stand when Peter's not home at night and constantly check doors etc. But I could literally feel the angels who protected and guarded our home.  We were truly blessed!
baby bump



Mother's Day 2013. My baby bump was getting a nit bigger and the boys were starting to rub my tummy.  I got spoiled with flowers and yummy foor, rest, and lots of coupons for pampering and cleaning in the future.  I love my boys!






No comments: