Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Congrats Joey to 531 pages!

 In May, at age 7,  Joey accomplished an amazing feat by reading all 531 pages of the Book of Mormon. I was so impressed that when his Grandma Taylor gave him the challenge to read it before his baptism, he stuck with it and worked REALLY hard. It was a lot of work for everyone, but I am so grateful we had that experience. I would often sit along side Joey while he read and we would be able to have amazing discussions about the gospel. It was great to get to teach him/explain so much doctrine at such a young age. Peter was a great help and even when living in Phoenix would call and have Joey read to him on the phone so that Dad could help explain.

We are so proud of your great accomplishment Joey!

Here is a quote from Peter about how Joey just seemed to know.
"One evening shortly after Joey had finished the Book of Mormon, I started talking to him about how impressed with him I was.  I also started talking to him about the opportunity to know for himself that the book is true and of God by asking Him in prayer.  Before I could even finish explaining the process, he cut me off by saying, "I already know it's true!"  I think I became somewhat speechless and didn't know what to say, but I remember feeling so grateful in my heart to see such a powerful glimpse of Joey's faith filled heart."


To celebrate the very day he finished, we went to Peter Piper Pizza and played lots of games.






 After the tokens were gone, the boys got prizes--a giant lollipop was the best. Preggo mom wasn't feeling good and spoiled the eating out, but we were able to go to  Mama's and bring home yummy pulled pork and fires (while mom laid on the couch)


So I think this is the cutest thing. He sleeps like a little angel

First day of church for these handsome boys. Mom's first day of washing and combing out little black hair. Joey loves pictures as you can see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a big deal! How wonderful.

Wayne said...

Love that smile, Joey!