Sunday, June 16, 2013

Random pics and Birthday Celebration

 We noticed a pigeon nesting in our backyard tree.  There are big pests here and the neighbors were telling us that you can shoot and kill them with bebe guns here. But that just seemed so cruel (especially being pregnant).  So we let the mama bird do her thing and after a month those birds were already full grown and flying over our house and pooping all over it.


There is nothing better than my grandma starkey's recipe for strawberry pie! 

 Some friends int he ward have tons of chicken, geese and turkeys and we have started getting eggs from them each week.  They are so fun and colorful.
 Joey's fancy book report mobile about his favorite book series--Dragon slayers academy.
 His cute 2nd grade smile with all the spaces and new teach coming in

The boys have gotten into this new tradition--and they will not let me change it back, That on your birthday--you MUST open your presents first thing in the morning. When I got out of bed, they were so excited to have me open the gifts right away. 

 Kimball showing off his muscles with the new 10 lb weight they got me

 Peter smoking up the house cooking the yummy fajitas I requested.  We still haven't figured out how to use the cast iron skillet without burning everything.  Good thing I like my food toasty :)


 And of couse a carvel ice-crea, cake

Peter drove home from Phoenix fro the day to surprise me.  A friend took me out to lunch so I wouldn't be lonely on my birthday and I came home to this cutie.




1 comment:

Sally said...

Late late late Happy birthday!! :) I realized i never called you on your day--but it looks like it was happy! Lindsay, you are so beautiful, do you know that?? I have had so much fun tonite catching up on all the fun things you guys are doing--and it warmed my heart to read your most recent post about Tionne starting to say prayers--that is beautiful. I love and miss you!!