Sunday, June 23, 2013

May 2, 2013 Journal entry

Wow, so much has happened!

it is now May--5 months after when we though we would have foster kids in our home.  It has been a rough few months......

Earlier this week, our case worker called us and said the licensing committee was trying to close/deny our case.  They said too much time had past and they "had a little something against us" (they didn't tell us that, we heard through the grapevine). But our amazing case worker continued to fight for us, and we were hoping they would grant us another month or so to "jump through their hoops" and collect any other documents proving that we are good, normal people. We were thinking that if we were lucky, they would still keep us open and we'd have another couple of months doing lots of paperwork stuff.
Well I just checked my email and saw a very shocking email from the licensing people saying that we had been approved for foster care.  I was shocked and quickly sent a message to our case worker asking if that was really true.  A few minutes later Maria called me and confirmed it was true!  I was so stunned!
After having a moment to let it process, I felt so incredibly overwhelmed by the Spirit.  I think this is the time I have most FELT the immediate hand of God in my life. It is just so undeniable that He did this. This is His work. He is in charge. I feel like the children of Israel ..they were prompted and felt that God wanted them to leave Egypt.  They worked and prepared, did all they could, and then as they were leaving, they got stopped by the Red Sea. They had no where to go. They were probably so confused thinking, "I thought you wanted us to leave. We did, and now we can't go any further and there is an army ready to kill us?!"  And then suddenly, miraculously, the water just parted. That trial was instantly taken away, and nothing but the power of God could have done it. 
A good friend sent me this scripture earlier this week when I told her that licensing was trying to close our case (deny us). 
I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it Rev. 3:8
God lives and miracles happen.  I am so grateful, and feel so overwhelmingly blessed to be able to see His hand so clearly!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow, I love that. You are amazing, Miss Lindsay.