Sunday, September 2, 2012

January Fun

The 3 boys loved playing games. Peter is passing on the chess tradition and teaching Joey (and even Kimball) to play. Kimball through, would still rather play Mouse Trap.
I guilted Ashley into coming to visit me, and I was so happy she agreed! It was fun to see her cute pregnant belly. We had a lot of fun with her.  This is us outside of the Alamo
We had a double fun time having Ash, AND Grandma and Grandpa Gurr visit. We met everyone by the Alamo and made a pit stop on our walk to the Riverwalk. Kimball was terrified of the T-Rex that popped up and roared.  Poor guy, but he had to get close...he wouldn't let me take him out until he got close, even though he couldn't stand to see it.
Kimball's scared-excitement seeing the dino.

Dinner celebrating Grandpa's B-Day
We all took the gondola tour around downtown San Antonio. It was fun seeing all the buildings and hearing the mariachis.

Poor Joey got sick after all that exciting playtime. after school one day he just laid on top of the warm car because he felt cold.
In Raba, Joey's elementary school, there is always a first grade choir at the PTO meeting. Joey came home and said he wanted to sing in it. Me, being lazy about leaving home in the evening (I love being out and busy all day, and then making sure everyone is home for dinner and then snuggling and reading stories until bed), I was not wanting to have to go. And knowing Joey, I was sure he would be so shy that we'd get there and he wouldn't even go up on stage. (I know, not the best mothering moment for me). After lightly trying to dissuade him, and seeing his determination to do it, I consented. Well, I was so proud of him! He got up there and sang (at least I saw his lips slightly moving most of the time). I am so impressed with you Joey!  I have seen you grow up so much this past year. You have become much more confident and relaxed--comfortable in your own skin, willing to try even if you may fail. I'm just so happy to see you happy and willing to go out and try new things! You are awesome!!


1 comment:

Myra&Brian said...

Way to go Joey on singing in the choir! Way to go Kimball on your beginning interest in science! So fun to see all these cute pictures from SA. You have such great memories from there.