Sunday, September 16, 2012

Old Ipod pictures



 Peter and I went on a fun Christmas time date to see the lights in a small town called New Braunfels.  we walked along main street and saw the shops and even got to try out this giant wooden chair.
 Making Christmas sugar cookies is one of the best things ever!


 Eating them is the best.  Peter thinks it's hilarious what I will do to get a sugar fix :)  Once all the cookies have been decorated, I pour as many sprinkles as I can on the left over frosting, and then dip a cookie in it.  You just can't have too many sprinkles or frosting.

 Right before Joey's first tooth came out, we had a sewing project where the boys made their own tooth-fairy pillows. My Grandma Starkey made me one when I was little and I loved having that special pillow, so I thought the boys one love to have one too, especially one they made themselves.  They used old fabric pieces I had and made the pillow, pocket, and we even decorated them with some iron-on  patches I had gotten for the boys pants.  They did a great job, and the pillow was just in time to hold Joey's first tooth.



 Sea world was always so fun all the time, but especially during the holidays!

 Eating a giant candy-cane

 Catching the only "snow" we got in San Antonio--little bubble flakes

 The boys LOVE pump it up. One day we went and they were doing some sort of activity so the boys got to jump and run around like hyper little boys, and then they got a snack and made a king craft.

 When Ash came we got to go to Fiesta Farms with everyone and see all the animals

 In early March, we had a exceptionally warm day.  We wanted to go to the pool, but the water was FREEZING still.  We all put our feet in the baby pool, and I told the boys I would give them $1 if they jumped in the big pool.  Fearless Kimball jumped right in! The rest of us didn't dare.


 Poor freezing baby burrito after his "polar bear swim"
 One day the boys and I pulled into the driveway. (Since we have that huge tree in front of the house, it was like an all-natural car port because oft he huge branches hanging overhead.)  After I put the car in park, I heard a slap against the windshield. I looked up to see this little lizard there. he must have wanted to welcome us home, so he just hoped right on.


 In early April I was able to visit my sweet sister Ashley and her little angel Taylor Belle in the NICU in Tennessee. Little Taylor suffered breathing problems and bad reflex which complicated her lung problems. After 3 months in the NICU, surgery, and the constantly loving care of her devoted Mom and Dad, she is now home and doing great! I was so impressed with the selfless love and devotion of Nick and Ashley.  They are amazing parents who lost a lot of sleep and much needed rest to sit all day in night in the hospital with their little girl. I will never forget their great example of sacrifice!



 
Here's some of the beautiful things I would see on my runs along my favorite trail in San Antonio.  The first is a turkey vulture spreading it's wings.
It's really hard to see in this picture, but I love these flowers.  They are a very delicate, paper-thin, beautiful white flower that grows on one of the nastiest, most prickly, scary looking weeds.  Every time I past one, it would make me think of the great worth of a soul. Some of the most "prickly people" have the most delicate and beautiful hearts.  Sometimes we just have to patiently wait through the prickles so we can witness that beautiful bloom.
                                               

 Joey's Fiesta Field day.  He loves playing all the games.  Kimball loved going to Joey's school and wanted to play all the games too!



 Peter working on Joey's teeth.  Kimball LOVES to watch.  He also loves to look at my nutrition or personal training textbooks.  He loves seeing how the body works--the bones and muscles etc.  Reminds me of when I was little and would go in the basement and look through my mom's old nursing textbooks. (Peter's assistant, Delvin, was great with the kids.  He would often send home his amazing paper airplane jets for the boys.)

4 comments:

Camille said...

What a fun recap! I love your tooth fairy pillow idea! I just might have to copy it... :). And I also love that analogy with the prickly flower. What a cool plant!

Myra&Brian said...

Thanks Lindsay, we love your new blog postings....they are great!
Brian & Myra

Myra&Brian said...

I see a dentist or doctor in the making! thanks for sharing all these pics and memories.

Ashley said...

Cute pics of Taybelle!! I have definitely forgotten those times in the NICU but it's nice to see those pics and see how great she's doing now. We loved having you visit and can't wait to see you soon!!!