Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Texas Spring--Blue Bonnets

Texas is incredibly beautiful in the spring. The end of March and beginning of April brought the most beautiful wildflowers. The highlight of those being the Texas Bluebonnets. We drove down south of the city and looked at the never ending fields of wild flowers. We finally stopped at the only field we could find that wasn't fenced off. We ate a picnic dinner and took tons of pictures of the colorful flowers.



Peter finishing off everyone's sandwiches--a dad's gotta do what a dad's gotta do.

I love those boys!



This was the best family picture we could manage



This was a picture for Peter. As you can see by the look on my face, it's a little awkward for me to be posing all by myself--where are my cute crazy boys to keep me company.


how romantic


sand is waaaay better than flowers when you're a boy

"I wuv you dad!"

In daddy's arms--I love how Joey looks so small and protected in his father's arms
trying to get a kiss

flowers for mom--I love it

There's nothing better than little boys running down an old country road

4 comments:

Sally said...

Wow, love love love them all! :) You definitely need to blow up a few of them and frame them!

Carol said...

the last two really look like "the south" two boys running down the dirt road. fun

The Favorite said...

Those are all such amazingly beautiful pictures!

Carrie said...

how fun. your boys are so cute.
next year go to brenham in the spring. seriously gorgeous. and take a tour of the blue bell factory. i miss TX.