Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Square Foot Gardening

Here's my beautiful flowers from my hubby
First signs of spring: our peach tree and raspberries

Our first seedlings--peas.
Then we had a very rare "snow fall" here in San Antonio. I actually did see some flurriess, but it was mostly hail that fell. Good thing we planted our seeds in portable containers so we could take them in out of the cold.
Building the actually beds. Peter had some great helpers with really strong muscles!




David was our drill pro. He did give up on us as soon as I pulled out my smoldering compost. The foul smell of rot was just too much for the poor guy. He attests my toughness to all the stinky diapers I have changed. I think I'm just tough--diapers or not :)
This is the last picture with my beloved camera. Joey really wanted a picture of him roasting marshmellows. Trying to be a good, loving mom I went and grabbed the camera. For some reason I grabbed all the skewers and brought them in the house, but somehow managed to forget the camera. That night we had about 4 inches of rain. I still shed a tear when I think about it.
Now all our pictures look like this. The outside pictures are just a blur of white. :(
Bye camera--I will always have fond memories of you.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Oh, no! I didn't know that about your camera-! That almost makes me shed a tear for you :S But those last photos are really cool--is that what the rain did??

Unknown said...

Wow, what a project to put that garden together, but what a good father-son project!

Crescent said...

Congrats on the Triathalon!! I'm still determined to do one someday...Katie and I ran the Grand Island 1/2 Marathon a couple of weeks ago and that was fun to run a "farewell" race with her. Do the open water swims scare you? That is my only fear with the triathalon....