Monday, July 6, 2009

Joey's Official Birthday--4 Years Old

Happy Birthday silly boy. You definitely love to be silly. You love toots and talking about poop. You love playing the gross game where we sit and take turns making up the grossest combination of things we can think of--like poop, bird poop, some underwear, a bird with a dead bird on top with poop, dead lizards, a dead bird with slimy, slimy, slim and bird poop, a tree house with poop and a dead bird and a dead mouse and a dead squirrel. (This was your most recent recitation to me). I know that it's not the most dignified or uplifting game, but you love it. You will sit and snuggle with me forever and play; and I would do almost anything to have you happy and snuggling with me--even talk about poop and dead animals for an hour :)

You have gotten very brave and outgoing this past year, especially the past few months. You are not as timid and are taking more risks and having more adventures--like the big waterslides and first roller coaster ride at Sea World. you are more open and outgoing with people too, and you love to be around friends. You are VERY headstrong and want to be in charge and have everything your way. this has been difficult for Dad and I, but I hope this trait will help you stay strong against what's wrong and not follow the crowd.

You have wonderful smile and I love to see you carefree and happy! You can be a very good helper when you want to be. You have become very helpful with Kimball and are such a great big brother. You are very smart and like to do things backwards or mixed up because the regular way gets boring to you. You have started to read and spell a few words, and you love to learn new things. We love you very much and we are so glad to have you in our family!

Joey wouldn't believe his birthday was complete until Sally and Joe came to the party. He is so happy to have them here. He LOVES Sally and wants to follow her around all the time. I have to constantly remind him to give her a little space.

Joey loved the construction cars he got and the remote control Jeep. I had to get Kimball one too because I did not want to deal with the fighting :)


2 comments:

Rachel Oswald said...

Yay Joey! What a sweet recap of a cute little boy. I'm glad he has started being more cuddly. I don't blame ya Joey, poop is pretty funny!

Rosanna said...

Love the undies on your head, Joey! And I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones who think talking about poop is funny. YUCK!