Sunday, July 19, 2009

Joey is taking after mom and dad in his love for anything chocolate. We made the yummiest chocolate cookies the other day. Can you tell he likes the dough?

I took the boys to one of our many trips to Lowe's to get some more things for our house remodeling. The boys were crazy, of course, and this time they threw cereal all over the floor while I was talking to an employee and not looking at them. They got a really big lecture about making messes, and then they spent a long time that afternoon cleaning up the house. I kept reminding them that it is a lot of hard work to clean, so they need to be respectful and not make messes, especially when someone else is cleaning up after us. I think after scrubbing down the bathrooms it started to sink in--hopefully :)

We have had a few great rainstorms bring some much needed water to this drought area. I love late afternoon storms with pouring rain, lightning, and thunder. The boys love it too and we had lots of fun watching it rain and make a little stream behind out house.



This is my baby Moses who decided it would be fun to sleep in the basket.



3 comments:

Camille said...

Mmmmm, I want some of those chocolate cookies. Joey has good taste! I love that you made them clean after making a mess at Lowes. Great idea to teach a lesson! I'm glad I'm not the only one whose child makes messes in stores. :)

Sally said...

Cute pics! :)
Wow, that's a rather decent stream behind your house! It's raining at this very moment, and I heard rumors of potential flooding...? Here's hoping! (so long as people are safe of course!:)

Rachel Oswald said...

You are a good mommy. And you have cute little messy boys! I can't wait to keep seeing more pics of your amazing new house!