Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Father's Day & part 1 of Joey's Birthday!

my dad takes me to sea world * my dad takes me on the big waterslides with the tubes * my dad reads books to me * my dad wrestles with me * my dad plays trains with me * my dad reads to me during scripture time * my dad brings me to school in his car * my dad plays race cars with me * my dad gives me my favorite color blue cereal * my dad makes yummy cooked cereal * my dad gives me hugs * my dad goes to the pool with me * My dad goes to the store with me * I like to go places, just me and my dad * My dad is the BEST * I Love MY DAD *

(Joey's worlds of love to his hero--DAD)


Thanks for being such a wonderful dad! Thanks for taking time everyday to make your boys feel so special and loved. I truly believe a Father's love is one of the most valuable things a child can have. Thanks for teaching them in family home evening and reading them the scriptures everyday. Thanks for teaching them to be gentlemen. Thanks for always being willing to help me with whatever I need! We love you very much and we're glad you are ours!


We Went to Sea World and spent the morning in the water park on Saturday to celebrate Father's day and Joey's B-day. Joey was so excited to go down a waterslide for the first time. I couldn't believe how brave he was. He even went down the big waterslides where you ride down a huge dark tube on a raft, and LOVED every minute of it. My timid little boy is growing up. He must have known he was turning 4.

Kimball and dad had fun hopping from pad to pad
Kimball didn't enjoy the waterslide as much as Joey did
The kid area of the waterpark was amazing! The sea-saw squirts water. Pretty much everything squirts, dumps or sprays water. The boys loved it.

The tired, hungry boys taking a snack break. I was so happy because Kimball just snuggled right up to me and was totally content to just stuff his little face. I was happy he was staying so close for so long.

Happy, content Joey with his birthday happy meal we goton the way back from Sea World
Since Joey and I get a little too excited to give presents, we couldn't wait long to give Dad his father's day gifts and did them early Sunday morning. He got a bocce set and the ladderball game (in honor of our wonderful yard we will soon own--a beautiful house on a 1/3 acre!)
The boys playing ladder ball
Dad's dinner: Steak with swiss cheese and lemon-butter mushroom sauce, roasted potaoes and peppers, and homemade rolls. He was a happy boy!
Joey and dad shared a Mississippi mud pie since they shared a day. What cuties!
Joey getting his traditional pack of Birthday gum. This is in honor of our extremely poor student days when Joey got a $2 train set (from a yard sale) and a pack of gum for his 2nd b-day and he was the happiest kid ever.


1 comment:

Camille said...

What a fun Father's Day/birthday celebration! I want to come and go to Sea World with you guys! Someday we will. I love that card you made from Joey. What a priceless gift. And I also love the gum tradition!