Sunday, April 12, 2009

"I don't want to go to school!"

Recently Joseph had to go to a new school because the woman teaching his preschool before was having some family crises. Joey seemed to really like his new school until his good friend Gigi moved up to the 4 year old class and left him behind. He started to dread school and was getting sent home everyday he went because he was crying so much. I need my two mornings a week without him, so I was desperate to find a solution. I told him that if he could stay at school all morning and be happy, I would give him a special treat when he got home. Well, I am a firm believer in the power of the treat bribe! He finally stayed and was mostly happy at school. As soon as I walked in the door to pick him up he said, "Can I have my treat?" I had recently gone shopping at Pro's-- a Mexican grocery store right on the border, and found these awesome gigantic marshmallows (Peter didn't think they were amazing--dentistry makes you boring).

I'm willing to risk a cavity for a few hours of peace!


3 comments:

Sally said...

Hee hee! I love it. And don't worry, Peter never had as much of a sweet tooth as the rest of us :) I guess he was made to be a dentist.

Rosanna said...

I also believe in the treat bribe. Megan and Simon will do just about anything if they know there is a treat at the end. But I don't use treat bribes very often...maybe that's why they've never had cavities. (Pretty good, huh, Dr. Peter?)

Camille said...

Those are awesome!!! I'm a fan of the treat bribe as well. Christian would LOVE those giant marshmallows! It's amazing what a little treat can do, isn't it? :) Sorry Peter! :)