Sunday, April 13, 2008

Poison Control

After some curiosity, I thought I would explain our Poison Control experiences. My first time was when Joey got a hold of the Oxy Clean bottle and I found him spraying it in his mouth--I discovered that it was safe.

The second time was when Peter gave Joseph some Motrin for teething pains and left the bottle open in his room. I went to get Joey the next morning and discovered that 1/3 of the bottle was gone!!! I totally freaked out, but they assured me that he would have to drink 1/2 of the bottle for it to cause serious harm.

The third was 5 hours later when I was taking the boys to a little Halloween farm and Joseph started vomiting all over himself in the backseat. I called again and they reassured me that he was still ok. (It was probably because they told me to feed him a big breakfast, and I must have stuffed a little too much in him.) So after I cleaned all the large chunks of sausage and eggs off of Joey's shirt and told him we needed to go home and clean him up, he started crying hysterically because he still wanted to see the animals. So, we proceeded to go to the farm. I just tried not to let Joey walk too close to anybody

The fourth and fifth times were when we tried to move back into our house too soon after the fire and had to leave because we were getting sick from breathing the air that was coming from our sooty furnace and vents.

So, I highly recommend Poison Control! They are so helpful! I just hope there's not a limit on how many times you can call per year before they try to take your kids away.

1 comment:

Sally said...

..I am totally laughing here--but I'm sure I would flip out every time, too! Thanks for sharing your stories, and I'm so glad Joseph is ok! :) (I esp. like the "stuffed a little too much in him" comment!)