Sunday, April 27, 2008

5K

So I got this crazy idea in my head that I needed to run a 5K. It was mostly a 1/3 life crisis when I realized the race was 4 days before I turned 30--aghhh! So we got some friends together and ran the Envirun this Saturday. I had 3 weeks of training to go from not being able to run around the block without suffering a minor heart attack, to doing a race. It was an exciting adventure! I am very proud of myself for finishing! The run was beautiful. We ran around Goat Island in Niagara Falls so the whole race we were either running right next to the Niagara River , or the Falls themselves. The amazing view helped distract me from the pain :)Cresant (my trainer) and I, and Tara sprinting to the finish line to finish in under 30 minutes

Me trying to convince Joey to let me have a ride
"You did it Mom."

Friends: Eliza Damstedt, Amy Hulse, Cresant Marchant, Tara Chiapelli

4 comments:

Sally said...

Wow, we're so impressed!!

Camille said...

Go Lindsay! I am so impressed as well. I can't believe you trained in just three weeks. I bet your hubby was proud. :)

Rosanna said...

Way to go Lindsay! Happy Birthday tomorrow also! Running a 5K is a great way to leave the 20's behind. I'm still running about 3 days a week, but I sure haven't run a 5K! You are amazing!

Unknown said...

Way to go!