Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Natural Bridge Caverns

The day before Thanksgiving we took the boys to a cave that is relativity close by. They didn't enjoy it quite as much as I thought they might, but they still had fun. I guess caves always seem a bit scary when you're that age.


hitching a ride down all the stairs

Below is Diamond River--a sparkling flow of stone
Cave Bacon--a family favorite.

Touchiness a formation. It was very hard to keep two excited boys from touching the formations the whole hour and a half. We explained that the oils in their skin are actually poisonous to the cave formations and stops them from growing. They mostly accepted this, but were so glad to have an actuallpiece they could safely tough.



outside the cave they had these super fun dinosaurs to play on




3 comments:

Sally said...

What fun updates! Lindsay, you are gorgeous, have i mentioned that? :)

Unknown said...

Those caves look a lot like the ones my family just went to in Indiana with my sister's kids. :) We saw a lot of bats.

Melissa said...

Lindsay, love your green shirt with the green undershirt, really cute combo. Also, I love the family picture at the caves with Joey's face, that is too much. And I second Sally's comment, you are gorgeous. :) Also, I need you to re-motivate me to work out again, you are good at that. :) I hope you are doing better these days, I love you!