Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cristmas Countdown

In order to think more about the season, I decided to change the way we do our countdown. This year, each day we will open the box and find one service assignment we will each do all day, and then report back to the family at dinner what we did.

I hope this will become our tradition of our gift to the Savior. Since The prophet is pretty tight with Jesus, I figure if we give the Savior the same birthday gift requested by the prophet, that he would be really happy. And I think we will be too.

"Just over a year ago, I was interviewed by the Church News prior to my birthday. At the conclusion of the interview, the reporter asked what I would consider the ideal gift that members worldwide could give to me. I replied, “Find someone who is having a hard time or is ill or lonely, and do something for him or her.”1 Pres. Monson

Here's our assignments

1. Donate gifts for kids who don’t have any

2. Smile at everyone you see today

3. Find someone who is having a hard time and cheer them up

4. Say thank you to everyone all day

5. Write grandma Froerer

6. Write Great grandma and grandpa Gurr

7. Write grandma and grandpa Gurr

8. Write Great grandma and grandpa Starkey

9. Write grandma and grandpa Taylor

10. Give lots and lots of hugs today to as many people as you can

11. Do something nice for someone in your family

12. Watch someone’s kids—for a couple who never gets to go on a date (with special needs kids)

13. Make cookies to give away

14. Make bread to give away

15. Smile at everyone you see today

16. Say thank you to everyone today

17. Give hugs to as many people as you can today

18. Do something nice for someone in your family today

19. Write thank you notes for your teachers

20. Bring treats and thank you note to teachers

21. Bring treats to neighbors

22. Find someone who is having a hard time and cheer them up

23. Sing a Christmas song to someone

24. Read scriptures about Jesus and think of how much he loves us

25. Say a prayer and thank Heavenly Father for sending Jesus to help us

3 comments:

Rachel Oswald said...

You are an amazing mother! I love this!

Ashley said...

I love it Linds!! I was talking about the red crayon.... and your list is pretty awesome too :)

Sally said...

That's such a great idea!!