Monday, June 21, 2010

Memorial Day and Kimball's 3rd Birthday

On Memorial Day weekend, Peter and I packed up and drove to Austin for the CAPTEXTRI -- our long anticipated Olympic Triathlon. Here are the distances: 1.5k swim • 40k bike • 10k run. It was an awesome, open water swim in the river downtown, followed by a great bike ride looping around our state capital, ending with a pretty nasty, hot run :) We were so glad we did it and finished alive. At least mostly alive. Peter had some pretty bad asthma on the run, but he was a trooper and finished strong. It was great to accomplish such an amazing feat together! I can't wait to do another!!!!Getting body marked. I don't know what it is, but that is so thrilling to me. Maybe because it makes me feel like a real athlete.

Getting transition set up. Look at that buff man!
Here is what transition looks like. A sea of athletes, wetsuits, bikes and shoes--I love it!
This sweet little boy sat and massaged his dad's shoulders for more than 30 minutes. I was so amazed! Joey is such a sweet, thoughtful boy. He is very aware of the needs of others around him and has a unique way of knowing just how to help someone.
Here's our favorite fans! We didn't have a picture of them at the finish line, but they were there! Thanks Mom and Dad for watching the sweet, wild boys and coming to cheer us on! It was great to have your support! And thank you Joey and Kimball for being the best inspiration on earth. Whenever I felt completely drained, I thought of you guys and it kept me going!
When we got home it was straight onto the birthday celebration. Joey helped me decorate Kimball's spider cake.
Grandma and grandpa were great distractions to keep Kimball out of the kitchen.



Kimball got really excited about his presents this year, it was fun to watch.



It's just a boy thing, no matter how old that boy is, if he sees legos, he just has to build something!

Can you tell Kimball and Joey loved geting new goggles?

6 comments:

Camille said...

You guys are seriously amazing! Thanks for posting some pics from the great event! And I love the spider cake! Those are cute birthday pics of Kimball. I miss you guys and your cute boys!

Camille said...

You guys are seriously amazing! Thanks for posting some pics from the great event! And I love the spider cake! Those are cute birthday pics of Kimball. I miss you guys and your cute boys!

Camille said...

I don't know how that posted twice, sorry. :) But at least you know I love you, twice! :)

Laura said...

Great birthday cake! Can't believe he's 3 years old!!! Man, Kimball! Happy Birthday, Big Man! Congrats on the triathalon, too! That's great!!! :)

Carrie said...

Way to go Linds! What a great accomplishment and how awesome to do it with your hubs! Congrats!

amy said...

oh my gosh linds! you guys are athletes! seriously, a 5k is hard...oh brother.