Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rodeo

We were very excited to introduce our kids to a good old-fashioned rodeo. It was so much fun. We all loved it. And I love the values of San Antonio. They said the pledge of Allegiance and prayed at the beginning of the events.Chickens, big and small.

Joey--taking the bull by the horns
I think Kimball was just dreaming about bacon


As you can see from this picture, Kimball started getting a little grumpy. Peter tried to take him out of the petting area and Kimball was fixated on the pony. Sweet Peter is a softy and shelled out $15 for Kimball to get his picture riding this mighty steed. I'm glad he did because it is sooo cute! Kimball makes a great cowboy.

The boys loved all the bounce houses. We loved that it was all free thanks to HEB--our San Antonio grocery store.
Time for the real cowboys.


Muttin' Bustin'--a highlight of the rodeo for me. I love seeing those tought little kids hang onto that sheep for dear life. Joey said he wants to do that next year (but I think my sweet, cautious buy will change his mind). Maybe Kimball could convince him to do it with him.

We finally left after a 1/2 hour of Kimball trying to sleep on the chair. Poor kid was all worn out.

No comments: