Wednesday, December 30, 2009

As soon as we moved to San Antonio, the boys helped me plant a ton of seeds in big Tupperware containers so we could get our garden growing. The plants were doing great until we planted them in the soil at our house--apparently not good soil. We had 1 inch corn cobs that the rolly pollies gobbled right up. The only real produce we were able to get from our garden was this one lone squash. This little guy sure took his sweet time to grow. We planted him in June and didn't get to reap the reward of the harvest until December. I was so excited that at least one thing grew. Hopefully with all the info I recently learned in a gardening class we will be able to have a more plentiful crop next summer!

3 comments:

Sally said...

Cute pics! I love the squash--way to go!! Here's to the bountiful gardens to come in 2010! :D

Rachel Oswald said...

Joey is a mini-Peter in that second pic! I am super proud of your squash - it's more than I've ever grown!

Camille said...

Such cute pictures of Joey! And I love all the family photos too! You guys look great! What a great tree---I've never had such a tall tree...who reached the top? :) Thanks for sharing such cute pictures of all of you! Those are darling ones of Peter and Joey too!