Sunday, December 6, 2009

5+ Years!!

I just wanted to take up some blog space with a tribute to the MVP in my life.

Lindsay, you are amazing! You let me take you away from a a great job you loved and all your friends, to spend four years in one of the coldest places in the country while I spent 60+ hours a week and drummed up an insane amount of debt pursuing my goals and dreams. And now we have found a break in what seemed to be an endless winter. I am so grateful to have had your love and support through these years; and your patience and willingness to sacrifice your time and and give of yourself completely so that we could start a family through it all. Our two crazy boys are as lucky to have you as I am.

Thank you for supporting me as I tried to further pursue my goals two years in a row, spending money and time applying to residencies, only to have nothing to show for it in the end but an ugly suit.

I am convinced that Heavenly Father sent you to be an example to me. You have amazed me with how well you rebound from trials and you inspire me with how efficient you are at identifying and making corrections by relying on the Savior and his guidance. If only I could emulate your example then we could probably have a perfect marriage. Again, thank you for your patience.

You are the funnest person I know! I love going on dates with you, whether we go out or stay at home or have little getaways, I can't get enough of you! You are so adventurous and you always make me smile and feel like I can do anything!

It is hard for me to have you gone, like this weekend, but it gives me a strong reminder of what an amazing mommy you are with these two energetic boys--and that is an understatement! You not only keep them busy--and away from the TV--but you teach them so much and you put so much thought into everything they need, from the healthy meals you prepare for them to the places you take them each day. You really put your whole self into being an angel mother.

Thank you for being that angel. The one I need and the one our boys need. You truly are heaven-sent. I love you so much!! I can't wait to see what the next 5 years are going to bring!!

2 comments:

Sally said...

I love it :)

Rosanna said...

That is the sweetest! Thank you for knowing what an amazing woman and angel you are married to...she is truly wonderful.