Sunday, August 3, 2008

Pet for a day

The other day we were eating breakfast and Joseph looked at me and said, "Mom, there's a turtle in our yard." I thought "oh, what a cute, silly boy. He must see something that looks like a turtle." But I looked right out the window and, sure enough, there was a little turtle sitting right there on the patio.

Needless to say, breakfast was put on hold while we all ran outside to see our new friend. We got some food for him, but the poor thing was a little to freaked out by two little boys who were extremely excited to see him (or her, I have no idea how to tell).

Unfortunately, the turtle was gone in the morning, but it was fun to have a pet for the day. We later learned that the turtle belonged to our neighbor. He goes into the desert and brings back tortoises when he finds him. They are now all over his yard, and apparently, make visits to neighbors houses.Joey with his new friend. I love that you can still see his milky cereal mustache.
That turtle was the fastest little turtle/tortoise I have ever seen

Getting brave enough to hold it.

Kimball unfortunately thought the turtle looked like a yummy sandwich. Joseph was ready to push Kimball away and protect the turtle.
I love this close up because you can see that the turtle was ready to take a bite right back at Kimball. I wonder who would have gotten a nibble first.

2 comments:

Camille said...

That's so fun! I love that picture of Kimball and the turtle. You should blow that up and frame it! :)

Mariposa said...

you must attract animals. remember the time that dog was running through our apt at the colony. where did that dog come from?! What the--?