Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Peach Picking


 Here's an old journal entry I found when we went to pick peaches this past spring in TX.

And just the day before we had gone up to an orchard in Fredricksburg to pick peaches. Afterward we went to Dairy Queen for lunch. As we were walking in an older man and his elderly mother were walking towards the door at the same time (the mother was struggling to be able to walk). I whispered to Joey and Kimball and asked if they'd like to hold the door open for them.  They both ran over and held the double doors for them.  Then, as we went up to the counter to get some ice cream, the elderly mother and her son were just leaving.  Joey saw them walking towards the door and quickly ran over to help them out.  The man smiled grateful and said to me, "That's one fine son you've got there mam." I completely agreed and couldn't help but tear up. I am so grateful to be the mother of such wonderful sons!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it. It is a reflection of a good mother!

Melissa said...

Adorable! This has me 'bout crying! :)