Monday, October 22, 2012

Joey's Birthday and last days in San Antonio

We were so sad that only a few weeks before we moved, a great family moved in 2 houses down from us with sweet boys right about the same ages as Joey and Kimball. They became instant best friends and had tons of fun riding all over the quiet street and cul-de-sac those last few weeks.

 Since I know Joey loves anything to do with frosting, sprinkles and candy (and I really did not have time to be making a fancy cake in the middle of rushing to pack and clean the house), I gave all the 1/2 eaten bags of candy and little bottle of sprinkles and tubes of decorating gels that I wasn't going to pack and move, and let him go to town. I told him he could put anything he wanted on his birthday cake from that pile.  He loved it. Kimball got a little jealous so I let him decorate his own sheet of tinfoil (aren't I a great mom ;))


 What a healthy boy--he requested poppy seed chicken, mashed potatoes and asparagus for dinner!
 We were glad to have Sally and Caleb and Ella join us

 Joey did an excellent job on the cake
 After dinner we we used up all those poppers that bang when you throw them on the ground (another thing that I was NOT going to pack and move)

 KImball even got a gift from his cousins

 Joeuy was so happy to get Lion King, his 7-year old favorite movie.



 When I told Joey he could put anything he wanted on his cake he immediately asked, "Even cotton candy?" I told him yes because I knew we had some left over from Eater. But when I went to open that container it was hard as a rock. Luckily I took him to sea world on his birthday so we got that cotton candy to top off his sugar-ific cake.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL - that is an amazing birthday cake that Joey decorated!