Sunday, October 21, 2012

End of May

While I packed for the move to Arizona, Kimball made a "slide" for his big blue ball. He carefully laid all the boxes down the stairs   He then rolled the ball and was disappointed that the boxes moved. After careful thought he headed for the garage. When I asked him what he was dong he said, "I am getting a hammer and glue to make these boxes stick to the stairs "  Luckily I was watching him because I don't thin we could have sold the house with moving boxes nailed and glued to the stairs.


On May 31st Kimball turned the big number 5! He requested sprinkles, blue frosting and a spider-man on his cake.

Poor Joey has his last day of school on Kimball's birthday. It would be the last time he would see some of his dear friends before we moved.  Peter was home that day and usually Joey would just walk home after getting off the bus. But that day right before the bus arrived, I had a prompting to go get Joey at the bus stop. When he got off the bus and took a few steps toward me I saw the grief in his face. I asked him what was wrong and he burst into tears. I carried him home and he was inconsolable for a while. Poor, sensitive soul. So we pulled out a secret weapon. I had gotten a race track that they had been dying to have, so I let them open it up and play with it.  After a few minutes Joey was healed.



Then we celebrated Kimball's birthday





Because of Kimball's sensitive tummy, I never let him get the chocolate milk when we go to chick-fil-a of mcdonalds, so the poor deprived kid got some yummy lactose-free chocolate milk I found at the grocery store. He was so happy

The beginning of June the boys had their one and only swim meet before we moved. Peter and I were so glad it was the only one (they are so incredibly long). The boys did AWESOME!
Cute little body-marked boys



Diving  and swim practice before the meet


Joey top, Kimball below

                                                      I love those little kid dives!


           Kimball getting some last minute advice from coach Tammy Swigert before backstroke




Joey's turn for backstroke. He beat his time by 2 whole minutes from last year's time. He did it in 2.5 minutes last year and only 30 seconds this year. He has improved a lot!



But the best part of the swim meet is treats: sour candies and snow cones

Joey (in bright goggles) before he and Kimball, Thomas and Jayson did their 100 yard relay

Kimball and good friend Thomas


Joey's 1st grade class
Joey and Kimball were the only 8 and under kids in their heat.  All the other lanes were much older so that's why there was such a difference :)

1 comment:

Wayne said...


Fun post and videos...watching "my babies" now cheer for "your babies!" Ahh...the circle of life!