Sunday, June 5, 2011

IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!!

After a very long time of coaxing, pushing, motivating Kimball to poop on the toilet, he is finally potty trained. I did everything I could think of to get him to do it. I even had a very convincing performance of his favorite stuffed puppy pooping on the toilet. (It was peanut butter and I was oh so sneaky. Kimball was amazed, but nonetheless, not desirous to do it himself).

I had finally had it. I had to pull out the threats. It was mid April--1.5 months before Kimball's' 4th birthday--and I told him that 4 year olds are big boys, and he would not be able to turn 4 and have a party until he pooped in the toilet like big boys do. It all happened at the time that Kimball's preschool teacher's daughter got lice and their whole house was infested. So Kimball didn't go to school those 2 days, and we basically stayed home all week and practiced.

I told him if he got 5 days in a row pooping all his poop in the toilet (without any accidents) he could have his birthday party and go to the hotel by the beach that the boys love to stay in. If he had a poop accident he would have to start all over again. By the end of the week all 5 squares were colored in and he had the habit of pooping in the toilet!

I was sooo happy!!! I thought I might be sending him to college with a load of diapers :)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness, I think your blog is one of my favorite to read. You are one of the most creative mothers I think! I love it! And I LOVE that you had a stuffed animal poop peanut butter! That is hilarious. :)

Sally said...

Congrats Lindsay!! :) I'm so impressed. That is one cute, smart little boy--smart enough to know he could get out of it, and smart enough to know when to give in! ha! :D You of course are amazing for enduring it all....I'll be calling when I'm pulling my hair out for the same reasons....

Rachel Oswald said...

Yay Kimball! Pooping can be so tough - that was Cohen's struggle too. Glad you're in the clear now!

Wayne said...

Yeah, Kimball!