Sunday, October 3, 2010

Carribean Cruise part 1

I am so glad I married such a sweet, romantic man! each night we'd go to the very top deck in the back of the ship--away from everyone. There were only stars, moon light, and ocean breezes. Peter would serenade me while we slow danced. It was perfect! Thanks for an amazing week!


This is the happy couple boarding the ship of love :)

Because of engine failure the first evening, we had to forgo the stop in the Bahamas because we drifted too far off course while experiencing difficulties in the Bermuda Triangle.


This is the picture we took of the picture we refused to buy
We decided to order breakfast in bed the first morning we were there. It was fun to lay in bed and eat food as we overlooked the beautiful blue ocean.
vI loved being able to take the time to get dressed up each night and sit and eat an amazing dinner. I cannot tell you how rejuvenating that is for a mother of young children. I felt beautiful, and I could actually enjoy my food. I didn't have to say over and over, "sit in your seat and eat your dinner."
This was the best part of the ship. The pool in the back where you could lounge in the sun over looking an endless ocean.

uIt was so fun getting dressed up for formal night. This is as formal as we got, but it was still fun to feel fancy and strut around and eat delicious food!



What a cute couple! 35 years of marriage!


St Martin

Peter and I were so happy to get off the boat and explore the beaches. We had fun seeing some dutch architecture and the fun Caribbean signs.

Peter's treasures

Peter and I had so much fun playing on the beach. We ran races and did push ups in the sand. Then we would dive off the dock and swim back to shore over and over (occasionally stopping to pick up a sea shell off the ocean floor). It was so much fun!
I cannot tell you adequately how much Peter enjoyed diving for shells. I think all his many years of childhood living far away from the ocean were all made up for on this one day. I just sat and watched him splash around. It was really cute.
You can't really see, but this little girl was hilarious. There were lots of kids playing and swimming around the dock Peter and I were diving off of. This little girl would tease the older teenagers and they would just shove her off the dock, into the water. She just got back up every time.

Our 1/2 hour jet ski trip turned into and hour and a 1/2. They overcharged us so we didn't feel too bad. They said to stay in the little bay area and they would come get us when out time was up. They never came to get us. When the sea salt and sunscreen in our eyes became too much we decided to give the jet ski back.


St. Thomas
I LOVE ST. Thomas! It was so beautiful! Little lush green island mountains springing up out of the water.
We went to Blackbeard's Castle--a pirate fort. It was fun to Sea the beautiful islands from up above. I got up close to the huge vat of Rum brewing for days in the open air. How many flies end up in a bottle of rum? Ironically, Rum is one of the cheapest liquids on the island. A gallon of milk supposedly costs $10, while a bottle of rum is only $3. Sad.
Climbing up the pirate tower
I was tempted to get this shirt to wear around the house to put some fear into my children, but since they can't read that well yet, I decided to just take a picture.


Our ship in the distance
All the pirate fun
I could live in this house. You can't see in the pic, but the doors open up to a beautiful ocean view.
Peter's new friend



Peter really wanted to got o Coral World--an aquarium in St. Thomas. Because I love him, and because he is such a good sport to dance with me whenever I want, I obliged.

In the end I was glad we went to coral World because it was right next to this amazingly beautiful beach that had a great little place to go snorkeling. It was a perfect day!



On ST. Thomas they drive like the Brits--opposite side of the road as we do. The only problem is they have American cars with steering wheels on the curb side of the street.


4 comments:

Rachel Oswald said...

Finally! The cruise pics. Looks like you guys had a blast despite the engine failure. I love all these pics. You are one buff mama! I am going to do push-ups on the beach and take pics of myself and pretend my arms look like yours :)

Sally said...

Holy cow, it was so fun to see your pics again! I'm feeling the need to go tropical... hm. :)

Chrissy said...

That looks like it was amazing- so jealous of the couple time! I'm glad you had so much fun- it is soooo nice to enjoy a meal without kids once in a while and actually take time to get ready- unfortunately hair and makeup have become a Sunday treat for me:P

Chrissy said...

That looks like it was amazing- so jealous of the couple time! I'm glad you had so much fun- it is soooo nice to enjoy a meal without kids once in a while and actually take time to get ready- unfortunately hair and makeup have become a Sunday treat for me:P