Sunday, May 17, 2009

Swim Belt

Because I had got a knee injury while exercising, the Dr. banned me from all lower body cardio--that was so sad for me. So I started swimming again. I went to our community pool to swim laps (well, pull laps since I couldn't kick). I finally got the ok to kick after 1 month of not using my legs!)

Since swimming is the only cardio I can do, I have wanted to be able to swim at home. With our 3 foot deep, 15 foot across pool, that was not going to happen. I was starting to brainstorm and I thought if I could just tie a rope around my waist and anchor myself to the side, I could have my own ednless pool. I looked online to see if there was a swim belt that would be soft around my waist and I found this amazing invention. It's a bungee cord attached to a soft swim belt. It is amazing! Not exactly the same feel as swimming, but it is an amazing workout and only cost $15! I saved $19, 985+ by not buying one of those expensive current pools. And I love swimming in my own backyard surrounded by the beautifukl flowering trees and palm trees!

So, I love the show biggest loser. And everytime I swim I can just picture myself on the treadmill with Jillian trying to pull me back with the bungee.


3 comments:

Rachel Oswald said...

Cohen: "I love her swimming." HaHa. You are such a clever girl with your swim belt, that is awesome!

Camille said...

Lindsay, I'm so impressed! First, that you are so diligent in your exercising, and second that you came up with such a creative way to do it! Who knew you could swim laps in such a little pool? Way to go!

Sally said...

Genius. Seriously, Joe said he wants one of those. And Lindsay, you look so graceful, even swimming in such a small pool! :)