Monday, February 9, 2009

Vita Mix

For our date night Peter and I stopped at Sam's to check out rings (I'm getting my first real diamond ring soon), and while we were there, some guy was doing a Vita Mix presentation. Peter and I were amazed at how delicious the foods were. We even had vegetable strawberry ice cream. Then, after learning that it cam grind wheat, make peanut/nut butters, we were sold.

So we went home that night and checked out the prices on the internet and discovered that this was a good deal we were getting. Not cheap, but totally worth it, so we went the next morning and bought one. To test out our new product we tried t copy the ice cream demo. We had Joey add the half and half, tomatoes, carrots, cabbage, strawberries and ice. And the boys loved it! The first night it had a mild tomato aftertaste when it was a little slushy, but we freezed the left overs in Popsicle molds and when it was totally frozen you couldn't even tell. It was amazing! My boys were gobbling up veggies right before my eyes :)

Happy customer
I had to get a close up of this eye wound that Joey got. We made a hop scotch outside and when Joey got to the last square he kept right on jumping and rammed his head into the grill. I thought he had a serious concision, but was glad to see nothing else seemed wrong. Until 30 seconds later when blood started coming from the corner of his eye. I thought it was coming from some serious head injury and pouring out his eye. I had a momentary panic attack...planning how I was going to get to the hospital...when I lifted up his eye lid and discovered it was just a small cut. Jeeze, these kids will sure give you a heart attack!

So to help his wound, Joey used his own home remidy of applying lots of lotion daily to help it feel better. His scabage (as he calls it) went away quickly with his doctoring.

5 comments:

Sally said...

Wow, serious about the veggies?? That's incredible! We'll have to sample some when we come out in a couple months! ;D

Poor kid, that looks painful! I would have panicked worse I think--way to keep your head!

Camille said...

Fun to get a ring! :) I'm very impressed with the veggie treats...I might have to try that some time. What's the recipe?

Kenneth said...

We love ours. We were sold just for the food stoarge aspect.

We have had it for about a year and Nathaniel eats all sorts of veggies in his smoothies.

You do have to buy a seperate dry blade container to grind the wheat other wise you will wreck the wet blade container. It is loke $100 and we love ours.

love ya,
Karen

Unknown said...

Ooohhh your first diamond?! What kind are you going to get???? :D

Rhoten Family said...

Lindsay.
I love the yoga pictures. That is how it is for me too. What are your plans this next year? Are you staying and enjoying the palm trees or going somewhere else for more school? I love the blog its so fun to see what you are up too.