Friday, December 26, 2008

We had a wonderful Christmas here in El Paso. It was so nice to relax in our own home and have the kids come down stairs to their presents. On Christmas Eve we had our big feast and invited a single mom from church and her three kids, and the sister missionaries over. I was impressed with myself for cooking the entire dinner--turkey, sweet potatoe cassarole, green bean cassarole, roles, stuffing, Peter made the mashed potatoes (thanks), lime green jello trees with gummy bear decorations, sugar cookies with almond extract, peanutbutter cup cookies, and an apple pecan cheesecake. It was fun to have a full house and eat, read about the birth of our Savior, and get ready for the excitement of Santa. Joseph had fun meticulously placing the cookies on the plate for Santa. The highlight the next morning was the train table that Santa brought. (He got it from our neighbors whose boys are too old for it now--smart Santa is always looking for a bargin). It took Joey about 10 minutes to realize there were more presents beside the train table.


o
The car pack-pack he wanted. I guess it wasn't as amazing after getting the train table.
Fun new trucks
Yay, cars! With so many, Peter and I are amazed that they can still fight over who has the most.
Joey and I had our cereal snack in front of the toasty warm fire. It was great!
We continued the Taylor tradition of the big Christmas Day breakfast. We had scones and honey butter (made with Grandma Gurr's honey from her bees), eggs, bacon, and rolls. We were so full and happy :) I was ready to get the big highchair out of the kitchen so Kimball graduated to the big chair on Christmas day. He loves sitting at the table with everyone (propped up by the Bumbo).


I love that Joey says that Jesus came last night! A least I know he understands the true meaning of Christmas!

On Christmas Eve we put the boys to bed really late (9:30) because our guests stayed until then. As I was getting Kimball ready for bed he got a little slap happy from being so tired. I usually rock and snuggle with him for 30 seconds (that's about all he can stand) before putting him in his crib. But on Christmas Eve he sat there for about 5 whole minutes. He had his chubby little hands around the back of my neck and we sat facing each other and laughing. He was hysterically laughing every time I looked at him. It was so wonderful! It felt like heaven having a laughing little angel in my arms! It made me realize again that the three best gifts I have ever received are Peter, Joseph and Kimball!

3 comments:

Wayne said...

You are good to Santa. I noticed he was treated to some peanut butter cup cookies! (mom)

Unknown said...

It looks like you had such a great Christmas, and I'm sure you were exhausted with all of your cooking! You go girl!
Merry Christmas to you!!!

Unknown said...

How fun to have a little Christmas in your home, and I am sure your dinner turned out delicious! No Steak-Ums huh? JK What a great thing to gather with the missionaries and the lady in your ward--Christmas is about extending love. Looks like your boys had a good Christmas too! :D