Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Cute boys


A tender mercy when Peter was gone was the ability of these two little boys to play without fighting for over 30 minutes! These boys can make a fight out of nothing, but this afternoon they seemed to be so happy together. Kimball really wanted to ride Joey's bike (which would normally end in some big hysterical fighting match). Joey very kindly agreed to run next to Kimball while he rode the bike back and forth across the cul-de-sac. It made my heart have hope that one day these boys can really be friends--hopefully best-friends.





















One day I went to pick up Kimball from the kids club at the gym and he had made these cute Thanksgiving turkeys. He wrote he was grateful for Mom, Dad, Kimball, Joey Gurr, and God. It was so cute!


One of the many nights Peter was gone in November (flying around for interviews for his pedo residency), I was so happy to have the boys in bed and asleep. A few minutes later I heard something coming from their room so I peeked in to see what was going on--I was ready to lay down the law and start dishing out some consequences, but when I saw how sweet they looked I just couldn't. They were snuggled together under the night-light while Joey read "David and Goliath" to Kimball. It was so cute. The flash takes away from moment, but it was so cute. I just sat on the floor and listened until the story was done. Then re-tucked them into bed and gave them one final good night kiss.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so adorable, reading under the nightlight! I love it, and I love that you took pictures of it.:)

Myra&Brian said...

Sharing the bicycle - what a great story of sharing for two brothers!
Yes, there really is reason for hope - I had a big brother (whom I love greatly) & we had a few unbrotherly moments in our earliest days together...Joey & Kimball are two great brothers!
-Brian (grandpa)