Monday, April 18, 2011

Funny Kimball

Kimball was really making me laugh to day. This morning at our weekly Meals on Wheels route we went to the house of an older couple. The husband loves Kimball (as does pretty much everyone we bring food to). Kimball sometimes is a little leery of the ogling eyes, "interesting" people, and crazy spanglish.

As we got back in the car after that house where the man was very grateful, Kimball looked so sad. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "That man called me an alien and I didn't like that." Totally confused I did a quick mental search of everything that had just transpired and said, "Oh, he didn't call you an alien, he said 'thanks a million.'

Maybe I need to get his hearing checked. I think he is a little sensitive because all the old people coo at him and say what a sweet baby he is (totally out of love), and Kimball gets so mad. "I'm not a baby Mom. They called me a baby." Poor kid. He's a good sport.


Then, today we had the first day of swim lessons for the boys at our neighborhood pool. The teacher was off with another kid mid pool and when I turned by back, Kimball apparently jumped in by himself and got nervous. When I turned around, he was slipping under the water with that panicked looked on his face. Not knowing what to do I jumped in--fully clothed--and hauled him to the side of the pool. (It was not fun sitting with a soggy bum for the rest of class :))

When we got home the boys wanted me to jump on the trampoline with them, and I thought that jumping might help dry out my clothes. While we were jumping Kimball started to retell our exciting adventure. "Mom, today I was sinking in the water, and you saved me. Like I was a princess."
Apparently only princesses need to be rescued. Tomorrow I am wearing my bathing suit to swim lessons in case he wants to be a princess again :)

2 comments:

Carol said...

Awesome "mom memory!"

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness, first of all, that is so funny. Second of all, I think you should get an amazing mom award for jumping in fully clothed! That is so great!
Also, I've noticed you don't have my blog link on your blog. I'm not offended by this, I was just wondering if maybe you guys didn't know I have a blog..maybe you just don't care to read it, haha. :) But in case you would want to see it, it's whataboutmelissa.blogspot.com :)