Sunday, January 10, 2010

Wooden Shoes

Grandma Gurr gave the boys a book about a little boy in Germany who puts his wooden shoes out everynight near Christmas time and in the morning he finds a scripture about Christ and some treats/toys. The weeks before Christmas we read that story everyday before nap time and one night before he went to be, Joey snuck and grabbed my slippers, stuffed them with toys, and then set them out on the front steps. It was so cute! He is such a sweet little boy!
Inside was two blocks, two pennies, one Lego and one Shamu water fountain spigot.

5 comments:

Camille said...

That is SO cute. I love that he did that all on his own! We have that book too, and I don't know if we even read it at all this year! Bummer! Thanks for sharing such a precious moment. :)

Crescent said...

Joey is such sweetie! I love it. I've been thinking about you guys lately...how are things going? Do you just love Texas? We are starting to think about where we are going to end up and every night it seems we have a different place:) Any words of advice for us? Would you do it the same way you did? I guess I should just email you instead of posting a novel, but what do you do right?

Laura said...

Ahhhh . . . that is totally sweet. I love that he put YOUR slippers out instead of his own. What a sweetheart.

Unknown said...

That is so unbelievably cute! My sister's family has that tradition because she lived in Germany for a few years. :D

Unknown said...

Hi cute woman! Just checking in on your life! You guys look so great! I'm glad things are going so well for you!