Friday, January 4, 2008

Oh, that Joseph


While in Utah, I asked Peter to supervise Joseph eating his peanut butter and jelly sandwich. A few minutes later I walked into the room and heard Kimball smacking away. I looked down and saw him happily devouring Joseph's sandwich while Joey played with the trains and Peter played on the computer. I grabbed the sandwich away from Kimball not wanting my 6 month old to die from eating a PB and J, and Kimball was devastated. I then had to explain to Joseph that he has to always ask mommy before he shares food with Kimball.

Another funny moment was when Peter was watching a football game and I hurried to feed Joey some dinner so that Peter and I could enjoy the Gurr New Year's Eve Los Hermanos dinner. Joey kept trying to turn to see the t.v. and I kept turning him back to eat his dinner. Finally he looked at me and said, "Mommy, I want to watch run, run, kick." I guess football has a new name.

Then today we went to the store and as we were checking out, Joseph kept grabbing candy off the shelf, and I repeatedly told him to put it back. When he found something he really didn't want to put back he said, "I want to buy this one." So we had a little conversation about buying:

Mom - "How are you going to buy that?"
Joey - blank stare
Mom - "Do you have any money?"
Joey - "Yeah"
Mom - "Oh you do? Where's your money?"
Joey - (after examining his hands on all sides and looking at me confused) "Where is my money?"

We then decided to put Joey to work so he could start earning a few pennies and buy some treats in the checkout lane :)

1 comment:

Sally said...

That is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh--I love hearing the cute things kids say! -Sally